Friday, April 3, 2009

Mascara Review

In this post I will be reviewing three mascaras. The three mascaras are: Maybelline Colosal Volume Express, MAC Plush Lash, and Dior's Diorshow. I will also tell you the prices of these mascaras, and which one I like best.


Maybelline Colosal Volume Express Mascara
Price: $6.29 at Target (price may vary depending on location).
First of all let me just say that I am in love with the color combination that was chosen for this mascara. I always thought yellow and purple go so well together. The mascara wand has a brush at the end, not one of those plastic brushes like Covergirl Lashblast has, it's just a regular fat brush. This mascara gave me both intense length, and volume with only two coats, and it kept my lashes looking fabulous all day. Best of all, there were absolutely no clumps! I didn't even have to comb through my lashes, amazing! It separated all of my lashes and defined each and every one. It is also great for bottom lashes.

MAC Plush Lash
Price: $12 (can be found at a MAC counter, or MAC store).
This mascara also has a regular brush at the end of the wand, however the brush comes to a tip at the end and is more wide that long. I wasn't really impressed with this mascara. Seeing as how it was MAC, I thought it would work well, but it was just OK. This mascara 
clumped a bit for me, so I had to comb my lashes out after i applied each coat, it clumped on the bottom lashes as well. Also, it really didn't keep my lashes curled all day, they fell straight a little while after the initial application.

Dior Diorshow
Price: $25.00 (Can be found at any Dior counter, Nordstroms, or Sephora).
Again, like all the other mascaras this wand has a regular brush as well, which is actually pretty big and wide even though it doesn't appear so in the picture. This mascara actually has a really nice perfume fragrance which I find quite pleasant as opposed to the normal mascara smell. This mascara went on pretty nicely, and didn't clump on my top lashes at all. However, it
didn't really apply that well to my lower lashes. Since the brush is so thick its hard to use on the bottom lashes, and it clumps on the bottom lashes as well.

Overall, I would say my new favorite mascara is Maybelline Colosal Volume Express. It 
doesn't clump, it lengthens my lashes and gives them volume and it keeps my lashes curled all 
day long. At only $6.29 that's a steal compared to the other two mascaras that were reviewed, 
and I'm a big fan of the chosen color combination.

0 comments: